[Dbix-class] exception_action fail after DBIC upgrade

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Dec 17 15:31:27 GMT 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us>wro=
te:

> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 12:30:52PM +0400, Konstantin A. Pustovalov wrote:
> > Hello list!
> >
> > I'm using exception_action feature. Some of my tests fail after
> > upgrading 0.08196 -> 0.08204
> > I have reduced  test case to the following:
> http://paste.scsys.co.uk/217862
> > exception_action is never get called in my setup. Am I doing
> > something wrong or is it intended behavior?
>
> Unintended breakage due to lack of tests - so when a refactor broke it
> things went unnoticed. Can you please add several tests like the one
> attached to t/34exception_action.t[1], and we will fix it for the next
> version.

To be clear, this is not so much related to exception_action as is with
some interaction with Exception::Class, right?   That is, even without
setting exception_action calling My::X->throw still has its exception
eaten.   Calling die() works as expected.

Checking $@ isn't really safe before 5.14, BTW.

> Thanks!
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/blob/master/t/34exception_action.t