[Dbix-class] Performance Issue

Bill McCormick wpmccormick at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 15:09:42 GMT 2012

I'm just getting started using DBIx::Class and I am a little surprised
at performance (rather, lack there of).

Perhaps I've missed some key point, index or other such thing, but it
takes well over a second to get results on a single table that has very
few records (<20).

I am running on Debian Squeeze (Linux 2.6.33 i586) with perl (v5.10.1)
and SQLite3 (3.7.3).

If I export DBIC_TRACE=1 and then run the my script, I see this:

     SELECT me.ID, me.NAME FROM recipe me:

So then if I run that query in sqlite3, it is markedly faster. I
understand that the DBIx::Class needs a little more time, this delay
makes me think I must have missed something.

Thanks!!