[Dbix-class] Performance Issue

will trillich will.trillich at serensoft.com
Tue Feb 21 16:44:07 GMT 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Bill McCormick <wpmccormick at gmail.com>wrot=
e:

> Peter Rabbitson wrote, On 2/21/2012 9:05 AM:
>
>> Something like:
>>
>> NYTPROF=3Dclock=3D2 perl -d:NYTProf -I<inclist>  ./recipe-test-DBIx.pl
>> nytprofhtml -l<same inclist like above, important>
>>
>>  Can I assume that NYTPROF=3Dclock=3D2 is an environment var setting? So=
 then

> $export NYTPROF=3Dclock=3D2; perl -d:NYTProf -I<inclist> ./recipe-test-DB=
Ix.pl

A standard shell shortcut for setting an environment variable for the sake
of one process is to specify the var-setting first and then roll right into
your command. Here, NYTPROF=3Dblah sets the environment variable NYTPROF for
the duration of the perl command, and then it's gone again.

   NYTPROF=3Dblah perl yadda
Easier than typing
   export NYTPROF=3Dblah
   perl yadda
...and also restores your shell environment to its original untarnished
state.

-- =

"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life,
when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic
about." -- Albert Einstein