[Dbix-class] Does DBIC support ->create() with more clob fields?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Jan 30 01:39:10 GMT 2012

On Jan 29, 2012, at 11:42 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> Crap! I would hazard a guess this is some subtle behavior change in
> DBD::Oracle. In any case DBIC needs to move away from using the buggy
> blob support in DBD::Oracle, and use the blob OCI calls directly.

I'll try to get on IRC tomorrow to discuss this.

One thing I did note when I first looked at doing something here is that one needs to be able to pass {ora_auto_lob => 0} when preparing the statement in order to tell DBD::Oracle not to try to handle the BLOB by itself, and I didn't see an existing way to do this with DBIx::Class.

--
Daniel J. Luke