[Dbix-class] (no subject)

Len Jaffe lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
Mon Jul 2 16:48:32 GMT 2012

How much caching is DBIC doing under its own hood?

If we execute the same complex query several times, is any attempt made to
save the internal state of how DBIC arraived at the SQL from the DBIC/SQLA
method calls?

Likewise on the back end?

Just throwing ideas out, but along the same vein as Moose's make_immutable,
if we could signal to DBIC that a query/resultset is not going to change
but for it's bind values, we'd be able to get the developers' advantage of
the ORM, and the runtime advantage of reusing prepared statements.

Or does that already exist, and I require some book learning?

Also, I infer form the docs (as I think Laurent may have) that there is
significant overhead in instantiating row objects, and that hashref
inflator would provide *significant* (emphasis mine) speed imrovements over
objects.

Len.

-- =

lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com   614-404-4214             www.volunteerable.net