[Dbix-class] Problem getting data from resultset

Kenneth S Mclane ksmclane at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 9 18:04:10 GMT 2012

John Romkey <romkey at romkey.com> wrote on 07/09/2012 12:25:31 PM:

> > Try:
> >
> > while( my $data_scalar = $sr->next )  {
> >       my @data = $data_scalar->all;
> >
> > instead
> >

> I actually changed it to this: my @data = $sr->all; I think this is
> equivalent isn't it? This does not give me any errors, but only
> outputs one row to the file.
>
> $sr is your resultset
>
> $sr->next gives you the next row
>
> $sr->all gives you all records
>
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBIx-Class/lib/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm#all
>
> in my example $data_scalar->all will return the values of all the
> columns in that row - very different from getting all the rows in
> the resultset
> - john romkey
> http://romkey.com/

OK, I changed the code to your suggestion, but it resulted in this error:

[error] Caught exception in dbms::Controller::AccountView->list "Can't
locate object method "all" via package "dbms::Model::ORANGES::Accountv" at
/opt/catalyst/dbms/script/../lib/dbms/Controller/AccountView.pm line 56."
that is pointing at this line:

my @data = $data_scalar->all;