[Dbix-class] Adding comments to generated queries

fREW Schmidt frioux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 02:58:33 GMT 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 7:50 AM, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:

> Well the "problem" that apparently needs to get solved is to simply find
> the code that generated a specific query seen in the Postgresql query log.
>   I guess there's been a few times when Postgresql gets hammered in
> production and it hasn't been easy to find the code generating a specific
> query.  (Sounds like a QA/testing problem, though.)   Maybe the URI
> requested or Catalyst action name might be enough of a comment to help
> track it back to the app.

Right, you could probably use catalyst's auto method to use the URI.  That
would probably be fine.

That's more supportive of this idea than I would be. :)

If you do implement this I'd appreciate it if you could shoot me an email.
I'm interested in how well it works.

-- =

fREW Schmidt
http://blog.afoolishmanifesto.com