[Dbix-class] Search_rs not returning newly created rows

Benjamin Hitz hitz at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 20 16:06:57 GMT 2012

Not to get in the way here... but I think (not a Dbix::Class/Catalyst exper=
t) that Len is saying that:

putting {accounts =3D> $rs and pager =3D> $rs->pager()}in the stash is effe=
ctively forcing the template system to make DB calls.  It has to be even th=
ough Kenneth didn't actually post his template code.

At first I thought it was just the pager, but I re-read and saw the $rs its=
elf was passed.

But I am not posting this just to pile on (and in fact, I could well be wro=
ng -- or correct materially but wrong in details)... but I want to ask Len:

What is bad about this design?   Especially in a case where the pager (poss=
ibly not this one) has to fetch pages?   =

Is the (your) preferred design pattern to put any UI fetches behind a webse=
rvice/ajax call?  =

Thanks,
Ben

On Jun 20, 2012, at 8:04 AM, Len Jaffe wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Kenneth S Mclane <ksmclane at us.ibm.com> w=
rote:
> Len Jaffe <lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com> wrote on 06/19/2012 04:29:53 PM:
>  =

> Wow, way to jump to a conclusion. I am not making a DB call from my templ=
ate, I just added an IF so if the field is null it displays a "0" instead o=
f nothing, just a readability issue. :-)

--
Ben Hitz
Senior Scientific Programmer ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO Consort=
Stanford University ** hitz at stanford.edu