[Dbix-class] Search_rs not returning newly created rows

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Jun 20 18:39:37 GMT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Kenneth S Mclane <ksmclane at us.ibm.com>wro=
te:

> From what I understand from the books and docs etc, I am putting the
> results of a DB call into the stash, my template code just loops through
> what is stored in the stash. The pager does go back to the db, but I don't
> know of any other way to do it. I'm just following the docs and that's wh=
at
> they show. If there is a better way I'd be happy to work on that.

Any chance you can put together a complete (and very simple) example that
shows what you are seeing?  Should be able to do it with just a few files
w/o Catalyst and include code to populate the database.  Then put that some
place we can fetch and test -- assuming just the act of doing that doesn't
resolve the issue.

I'd worry less about where your database calls are happening.  Do you
really care if [% user.address.city | html %] hits the database in the
template or in the controller?  One point of the object abstraction is you
don't care about the implementation.   The real problem I've seen, though,
is doing something stupid like huge nested loops in the template where each
one generates a query.  Watch the logs.  Having an ORM doesn't mean you
don't pay attention.

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org