[Dbix-class] Performance Issue

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 15:40:48 GMT 2012

On 21 February 2012 18:08, Bill McCormick <wpmccormick at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess I'll move forward with DBIC in hopes that you can help me figure out
> how to make it faster. If not, I suppose I'll be able use whatever templates
> I create with "straight" perl/cgi.

CGI is never going to be fast - using fastcgi, psgi/plack/starman or
some other persistent solution will save reloading perl and perl
modules on startup.

Also are you using DBIx::Schema::Loader to generate the schema on each
request, or do you have the schema in perl modules - this will save
working out the schema from the database per request, and provide a
significant improvement in performance if you use a persistent
solution that doesn't need to reload perl modules on each request.

regards,

Aaron

--
Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons