[Dbix-class] Adding comments to generated queries

fREW Schmidt frioux at gmail.com
Thu May 31 02:09:59 GMT 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:

> Aren't those for enhancing the debug object and logging from the app?

You're right of course.  I don't know of an out of the box solution, but
maybe you could consider a runtime applied role to the sql_maker?  Or to be
clear:

   package MyApp::TraitFor::SQLMaker::CommentLogs;

   use Moo::Role;

   around select =3D> sub { ... };

   1;

   use Role::Tiny;
   Role::Tiny->apply_roles_to_object($schema->storage->sql_maker,
'MyApp::TraitFor::SQLMaker::CommentLogs');

Of course, you'll need to put the stack trace somewhere to get jammed into
the sql.  I have no idea when or where you'll want to do that, but it's
certainly feasible.

Also note: this is getting very much into dangerous territory.  If you do
this make sure you write a lot of tests as this is something that is not
quite encouraged and thus only tenuously supported.
-- =

fREW Schmidt
http://blog.afoolishmanifesto.com