[Dbix-class] A timestamp field is null when a record is created

Robert Rothenberg robrwo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 12:47:47 GMT 2012

I have a Postgres table with a timestamp field that defaults to the current
time:

   CREATE TABLE "notes" (
        "id"		SERIAL		PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,
        "note"		TEXT,
        "created"	TIMESTAMP 	NOT NULL DEFAULT current_timestamp
  );

In a Catalyst application, I create the a record like so:

   my $rec = { note => $note };

   my $obj = $c->model($NOTE_TABLE)->create($rec);

The record is created, and the "created" field in the database is populated
with the current time. But $obj->created is undefined.

I have tried it with DBIC 0.08203 and the problem still occurs.

Any ideas what's causing this? Is it a but with DBIC or the
InflateColumn::DateTime, or something else?