[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class 0.08918 install fails? Was: Undefined subroutine &DBIx::Class::Exception::catch

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 10 15:43:35 GMT 2012

Dave Howorth wrote:
> Bill Moseley wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 7:23 AM, Dave Howorth <dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>wrote:
>>> DBIx::Class fails to install (see below).
>>>
>> HI Dave,
>>
>> I had good luck with this version.  Might be worth a try since it's an easy
>> test.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I had found that these test failures were
> already reported [1] together with a suggested patch. So I applied the
> patch and then it installed cleanly. Hopefully there'll be another
> release soon.

So I just upgraded Ubuntu on this machine and as a consequence am
reinstalling the perl modules for the upgraded perl and I discover this
issue is still broken in FREW/DBIx-Class-0.08200.tar.gz

I can patch it again, but I'm surprised there hasn't been a release to
fix the broken install given how much time has elapsed?