[Dbix-class] Re: DateTime objects passed to search() are not supported properly

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Sep 19 14:06:19 GMT 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 3:36 AM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us>wro=
te:

> It never had a method to format it correctly in *all* cases. It can format
> it correctly 95% of the time (this is not really fixable either, it's an
> architectural deficiency). Hence the warning and leaving it to the user to
> make sure they are getting what they expect.

Hi Peter,

I guess what is confusing to me is if I can ask the storage object for the
datetime_parser and use that (as per the cookbook) then why wouldn't DBIC
be able to use that directly as well?

Is the parser from the storage object the parser (formatter) that you are
saying might not get it right?

If the format is that far off won't the database complain?  The problem
I've experienced is where the default format doesn't include the time zone
so the time ends up in the database server's timezone in error.

Thanks,

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org