AW: [Dbix-class] WG: using DBIx::Class::Migration with Journal

Mario Minati Mario.Minati at minati.de
Sat Apr 6 10:46:01 GMT 2013

Hi Brendan,

we have a Catalyst App with about 100 dbix result classes defined in schema. We use dbix::journal for logging and want to use some tool for managing db migrations before rolling out that app.

We expected dbix::Class::migration to work out of the box with dbix::class::journal, but non of the journal classes shows off in the generated files, e.g. the 001-auto.sql
So I guess this is a generic problem due to the way dbix::class::journal changes the schema when be instantiated. As Dbix::Class::Auditlog borrows code from that module I guess it might have the same problems.

I guess that someone of the users here on the ML might also have such complex apps and I'd like to learn from their experiences and solutions :)

Best greets,

Mario