[Dbix-class] Moving table out of database

neil.lunn neil at mylunn.id.au
Tue Dec 10 18:44:00 GMT 2013

On 11/12/2013 5:00 AM, Bill Moseley wrote:
> One of our tables has become very large in our database and we are =

> looking at moving it into a separate, partitioned database
Crap. mail fail.

Suffice to say, DDL diffs via SQL translator will work in the former =

case. But YMMV on performance hit, downtime etc etc etc. <Exit Stage =

Right Snaggles>

If you need a double DSN case < aka PosgreSQL > then you are working =

through the client. So plan for efficiency.

-- Neil

> Is there anything more "clever" we can do with DBIC to abstract this =

> out other than pull this result class out into a new class and have =

> two $schema objects for the two connections?
>
> I'm assuming any place that table is used in a join will need to be =

> rewritten.
>
> -- =

> Bill Moseley
> moseley at hank.org <mailto:moseley at hank.org>

> Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@lists.scsys.=
co.uk

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protec=
tion is active.