[Dbix-class] Sybase ASE 15.7 Issue: Quoted Identifiers and compound SQL statements

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Fri Jan 11 16:30:48 GMT 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:08:18AM -0500, Phillip Moore wrote:
> I've been working with some of the Sybase experts at work, and they
> have fed me a few ideas that helped me get to what I think it a pretty
> significant clue.   For context, this is a continuation of the recent
> thread:
>
>      Sybase identity column value not being retrieved during create()
>
> Turns out that subject is misleading, as the problems more subtle than that.
>
> First observation: nowhere in the t/746sybase.t tests are
> quoted_identifiers used.  THAT is where the crux of the problem lies,
> and the text below (extracted from the mail thread I had at work),
> explains my finding.

That's useful.

> The attached mini-distro shows the problem, but I suspect noone out
> there has a Sybase server to test this against.

Please in the future make additions to the DBIC test suite itself.
The mini-distro you submitted may be demonstrating the problem, but
can not be included in DBIC as-is. Basically submitting additions to
the DBIC suite directly will cut on duble work.

> This setup is on dataless VMs I build for testing my application, and
> I have no problem granting temporary access to anyone who's interested
> in looking into this further.

So can haz acess? Private email is fine too.

Cheers