[Dbix-class] Caching a resultset?

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Tue Jan 15 15:09:19 GMT 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 05:18:06AM +1100, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:07:34AM -0500, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
> > >
> > > So apart from the mystery around the nonsensical exception - does this help?
> > >
> > > local $DBIx::Class::ResultSourceHandle::thaw_schema = $c->model(...)->schema;
> >
> > Yes! Putting that before the "unless" seems to make everything work
> > correctly.... Will be testing further this afternoon. Thanks!
>
> Please let me know if wider testing is succesful.

In one sense, wider testing was indeed successful. The RS was cached
properly, it worked in several different environments, etc.

However, it didn't "work" in one particularly crucial way, which in
retrospect I'm surprised I didn't think about: the resultset may have
been cached, but once I get it back, it's still just a resultset, so
when I use it again in the template, it hits the database again. Every
time.

This is exactly what I wanted to avoid by this whole escapade.