[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::DeploymentHandler::Simple (working name) RFC

Jörg Braun joerg at braun-senden.de
Mon May 20 10:50:16 GMT 2013

Am 17.05.2013 02:37, schrieb fREW Schmidt:
> Hello All!
Hello,

just my comments.

> So I wrote DBIx::Class::DeploymentHandler 3~ years ago to solve all
> possible needs.  It works pretty well and I'm happy with the way I've
> been able to extend it to meet my needs.  *But* as many of you know
> (more than me for sure) DBICDH is not an easy tool to jump into.  I'd
> like to solve (some) of this.

I am not using it, but I tried to about two years ago. The reason I do
not use it - although I needed it - were:

- rather complicated (as You said)
- not working with DB2

I have development under MySQL and production with DB2. Some of the
Mysql specialities used were not compatible with the DB2 specialities.
If You are interested (and I find some time) I can try that again tomorrow.

I love the idea of DBICDH and it seems to be really usefull.

After saying that, storage type is necessary in my case (currently, not
always) and downgrade is also important for me, as I might need to
recreate production problems with a lower version as in development. Or
if you have to replay last years data. So optional is an option ;-)

Nevertheless, thank You for providing the software.

Joerg