[Dbix-class] Features comparison among ORMS?

Patrick Meidl pmeidl at ist.ac.at
Tue Nov 12 08:16:17 GMT 2013

On Mon, Nov 11 2013, Rob Kinyon <rob.kinyon at gmail.com> wrote:

> In terms of speed benchmarks, those are mostly useless. 99% of the
> time spent within an ORM is actually time spent within the database.
> 90% of that speed is dependent on how badly you designed your tables.

I would like to object. if you properly designed your tables, and in
particular if you do proper normalization, the object instantiation is
a major overhead, which we could only overcome by using HashrefInflator
in some of our use cases.

    patrick

--
Patrick Meidl, Mag.
Senior Expert Software Engineering

IST - Institute of Science and Technology Austria
Am Campus 1
A-3400 Klosterneuburg, Austria

R C02.01.003 (Container 2)
T +43 2243 9000 1063