[Dbix-class] Dynamic/Flexible DBIC views

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Sat Dec 20 15:41:45 GMT 2014

On 11/21/2014 02:38 PM, Christian Lackas wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> tl;dr: what is the best way to dynamically create the definition of
> a virtual view or create an entire virtual view on the fly?

Sorry for the late reply, was busy with some other stuff.

I would like to drill deeper into this and find out - what is your
actual use case? DBIC excells at semi-static schema query/modification.
Using it as a general report builder seems counterintuitive - as there
is nothing that can dynamically interpret the results.

Can you tell me more bout the "higher level goal" so I can craft a
better answer? Currently it seems you are trying to shoehorn DBIC to do
something for which it gives you no advantage whatsoever...

Cheers