[Dbix-class] prefetch across multiple tables

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Sat Dec 20 15:52:18 GMT 2014

On 12/17/2014 07:39 PM, John Stoffel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> With a bit of nudging, I had a head-smack moment and upgraded to the
> latest version of DBIx::Class on CPAN, and it now looks like things
> are working better for me, but I'm still getting some interesting
> behavior.
>
> Before I got errors, now I can do:
>
>     > ../bin/dbic-test.pl Emlen
>     DBIx::Class::ResultSet::_construct_results(): Unable to properly collapse has_many results in iterator mode due to order criteria - performed an eager cursor slurp underneath. Consider using ->all() instead at ../bin/dbic-test.pl line 20

Hi,

Perhaps the message needs to be improved (please suggest how) - but what
DBIC is telling you is essentially "I do not know where the current
left-most object+ all its right-side related data will end - therefore I
need to get *all* the data, so I can be sure I am giving you the
complete thing when you call ->next". In other words - you need to
order_by "leftmost part" for this message to go away.

Please consider helping me with a better error...

Cheers