[Dbix-class] Help needed to get a much needed feature into DBIC (low barrier to entry)

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Thu Jan 9 10:11:47 GMT 2014

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 08:05:28AM +0000, Dami Laurent (PJ) wrote:
> [...]

Hi Laurent,

I am not replying in public to discourage your answer, but to avoid
losing the thread's focus.

What we are doing here is *NOT* trying to define new surface API for how
DBIC defines custom relationships (this part will remain unchanged for
the time being within the realm of static declarations as in [1]).

The thread deals with the problem of dynamically supplying *options* to
the condition assembler coderef. For this there is an already
established API (an example of which I will not be showcasing as to (yet
again) not lose focus of the thread).

The problem is to take an existing piece of code and make it ready to
accomodate this extra syntax (i.e. treat anything '-' prefixed in a
special way). The task is abstract and deliberately isolated from the
actual higher-up purpose we are trying to achieve.

Cheers

[1] https://metacpan.org/pod/release/RIBASUSHI/DBIx-Class-0.08250_03/lib/DBIx/Class/Relationship/Base.pm#Custom-join-conditions