[Dbix-class] Help needed to get a much needed feature into DBIC (low barrier to entry)

neil.lunn neil at mylunn.id.au
Fri Jan 10 05:47:56 GMT 2014

On 10/01/2014 3:55 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 03:08:54PM +1100, neil.lunn wrote:
>> Just to clarify. Is the objective here to 'flatten out' a single
>> element array for any key with a "-" prefix only or is it wanted
>> that anything that is a single element arrayref no longer being an
>> arrayref, but just what it contains.
> I have to admit you lost me... Can you give an example of
> "left/right/result" the way *you* understand it, then it will be trivial
> to answer your question.
Current test cases are showing an expected result of :
[{ artist => { '-foo' => 1 }}]
and getting a result of:
[{ artist => [ { '-foo' => [ 1 ] } ]}]

and so on.

This implies reducing any lists that only have one element to simply
being that element.
Also, given that case this seems unclear (at line 284) Expected:
[{ artist => { '-xyzzy' => undef, tour_manager => [ 'venue', 'roadie' ]}
}, 'cd']
and result:
[{ artist => [{ '-xyzzy' => undef }, { tour_manager => [ 'venue',
'roadie' ] } ]}, 'cd' ]

Which is flattening the list in 'artist' to a hashref.
I know that the merging hashref is not a list but is presently being
munged into one so was really just looking for a clarification of the
behavior expected of keys with a "-" prefix. And the assuming that other
merges are just expected to return as is. In the case of above, not
munge into a list when it was not provided as such.

Also not sure the coding on test failing at 252 is right in the expected
result.

-- Neil