[Dbix-class] Test failures on upgrade to 0.08260

Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker ilmari at ilmari.org
Wed Jan 29 01:37:55 GMT 2014

ilmari at ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker) writes:

> All the failing tests involve integer bind values, which are mentioned
> in the changelog for 1.34_02, but I haven't got time to investigate the
> details right now.

A git bisect run with a DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 installed reveals the
DBIC-side culprit to be the following commit:

commit 04ab4eb1fea37384f78394fbff2a463774a0db9c
Author: Peter Rabbitson <ribasushi at cpan.org>
Date:   2013-10-09 00:51:25 +0200

    Many improvements of bigint handling across various DBD::SQLite versions

Changing the bind attribute for integers back from SQL_BIGINT to
SQL_INTEGER "fixes" it, but would break binding large integers on 32bit
perls, which is what the above commit was about.

--
"The surreality of the universe tends towards a maximum" -- Skud's Law
"Never formulate a law or axiom that you're not prepared to live with