[Dbix-class] Proper way to suppress die from DBIx::Class

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Sat Oct 4 18:52:20 GMT 2014

On 10/01/2014 08:51 PM, Sean Quinlan wrote:
> Greetings all!
>
> Our application has its own internal exception handling that we would
> like to be able to use when interacting with the database through
> DBIx::Class. I would prefer to do this in a way that does not require
> using evals all over >>
> And regardless, no matter what I try to do, I don't seem to be able to
> suppress the die! Setting RaiseError to 0 and unsafe to 1 on connection
> does not appear to have any impact (though the documentation seemed to
> indicate it would).

I am not sure I understand the exact goal you are pursuing here. Note
that trapping and *neutralizing* all exceptions is not possible - DBIC
internals use exception-based control flow at places.

Can ou please step away from describing the exact implementation you are
trying to achieve, and re-explain what is the *end result* you are after.

Thanks!