[Dbix-class] Table name length constraint?

Greg Coates greg at coatesoft.com
Tue Feb 24 00:36:48 GMT 2015

Is there code somewhere in DBIx::Class that limits the length of a table
name?

I have a schema package with the following table name:

__PACKAGE__->table('RDSPRD.REC_CLASS_MTG_INSTRUCTOR_DTL at FRONT1');

When I try to access data from this table, I get an error saying the
table does not exist, but if I look at the generated SQL in the error
message, the table name has changed to
RDSPRD.RcClssMtgInstrctrDt_D412VD8KCP.

If I change the table name to REC_CLASS_MTG_INSTRUCTOR_DTL, the table
name doesn't get changed in the SQL.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Thanks,
Greg Coates