[Dbix-class] _use_multicolumn_in() must not be called on replicated storage

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Thu Mar 19 14:34:07 GMT 2015

On 03/19/2015 10:03 AM, Jose Luis Martinez wrote:
>>> What I'm not clear on is if this just wasn't tested with Replicated
>>> storage
>>
>> This. The replicated code is not very well exercised in tests, due to
>> the complexity of setting up a replicated test setup just right. I am
>> looking into expanding my setup this year, but nothing definitive yet.
>

> Hey! Maybe Giusseppe Maxia's MySQL Sandbox can help you create those
> replication scenarios quickly!
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~gmax/MySQL-Sandbox-3.0.48/lib/MySQL/Sandbox/Recipes.pm#Creating_a_standard_replication_sandbox

This is an interesting thought. Even though I already addressed a large
part of the above via
https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/commit/8b60b9211#diff-7187d12eee0941e03bffaa08d3856061,
it would still be nice to implement, and to enable the extra (currently
dead) test paths here:
https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/blob/8b60b92/t/storage/replicated.t#L635-L640

Do you think you can try to do that yourself on the DBIC TravisCI?
Everything is already in place setup-wise, you just fork and hack away
and see what Travis says (you will either need to enable Travis for your
fork, or you will need to send PRs so DBICs main smoker fires up).

Thanks in advance!