[Dbix-class] Inflated DateTime column not updated on $row->update({ ts_column => undef })

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Sat May 23 07:35:40 GMT 2015

On 05/22/2015 09:57 PM, Lasse Makholm wrote:
> It seems DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime does not update the
> inflated column value on: $row->update({ ts_column => undef })

That is a bug, not sure how it went overlooked for so long :( It is
present as far back as 0.08112 (2009), likely earlier.

Because of the nontrivial possibility of negative impact of changing
something so fundamental, I have to think this through before going forward.

In the meantime an easy workaround for you is to add the following to a
base result class (this is a hack, a real fix will materialize later):

   sub store_column {
     delete $_[0]->{_inflated_column}{$_[1]};
     shift->next::method(@_);
   }

Sorry for not being able to offer anything better at the moment :(