[Dbix-class] order_by interfering with has_many fetch

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Mon Nov 16 00:17:55 GMT 2015

On 11/15/2015 11:23 PM, Darin McBride wrote:

> Maybe it's just my non-DBIC background, I just figured the DB was giving me
> everything in the right order already ;)  But I guess DBIC is trying to
> collapse objects so that multiple rows with those prefetches will return the
> same actual object reference?  Or something else entirely, which I don't
> understand :)

I will explain this separately, however:

> To me, me.name is a unique key, so that should indicate stability, no?  Now, I
> can fully appreciate that the actual definition of the table may not indicate
> to DBIC that it's a unique key, though I tried using add_unique_constraint for
> name, and that didn't help any.

Are you saying that you did:

__PACKAGE__->add-unique_constraint( ... => [ 'name' ]);

    AND

The 'name' column is *NOT* marked as is_nullable => 1 in the DBIC metadata

    AND

  you *still* got the warning?

If this is the case - this is in fact a rather serious bug and I need to
investigate this further...