[Dbix-class] Review needed for proposed Pg replication enhancement

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Fri Apr 22 09:13:16 GMT 2016

Greetings!

I am sending this to the list, but I specifically want to hear from Bill
Moseley, as I know they (used to) run an involved Pg replicated setup.

There is a proposal to "bless" the Pg 9.0 hot-standby replication into
the core DBIC::Storage::DBI::Pg driver:
https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/pull/103/files

The patch itself is small and straightforward. But given this is a
one-way change (we can't un-bless it once it ships) I want to ask the
thoughts of any existing users.

This "request for comments" will be open for about a week, so please do
speak up sooner rather than later.

Cheers