[Dbix-class] Decision time: which fork inherits the existing DBIx::Class namespace

Chisel chisel at chizography.net
Sat Dec 3 08:36:00 GMT 2016

Run in, throw new contentious topic into room, run away to "take a break".

There's a part of me that was desperately trying to sit on the fence over
the last few weeks but it's really starting to feel like every time the
discussion gets close to some agreement you chuck something in to muddy the
water and stir things up again.

While I appreciate the immense amount of time and effort you've put in to
DBIC, I'm tired of this now.

We are/have been discussing the current DBIx::Class dist.

We should continue discussing the current DBIx::Class dist.

We should NOT talk about some hypothetical DBIx2::Class dist.

My "vote" now goes for "give DBIx::Class admin rights  to mst, and proceed
with the team governance proposed".

Then, when you have the time and energy, you can (quietly) fork your
SuperCautious::DBIx::Class dist.
You can work on this as quickly or slowly as you like, as quietly or loudly
as you like.

This might allow us to come to a conclusion for the current DBIx::Class and
not still be arguing about it until the end of 2017.

I think people have been more than reasonable but it's time to stop waiting
days or weeks to hear your next round of argumentative thoughts, and work
on a schedule that suits the majority, not the one.

Sorry, I'm just sick of all this ****, and want to move forward.