[Dbix-class] Decision time: which fork inherits the existing DBIx::Class namespace

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Sat Dec 3 23:13:18 GMT 2016

On 2016-12-03 9:27 AM, Sam wrote:
> Please don't fork it :(
> It is nice that Perl has one good ORM that everyone uses. I don't want to end up
> like Python and have 3 or 4 mediocre ORM's

Not to worry Sam, I don't believe this fork will result in a situation any worse
than what we have now.  This fork will not cause Perl's ORMs to all become mediocre.

Also, DBIx::Class is not the only good ORM for Perl.  I would say that at least
Rose::DB also qualifies as a good alternative; they both continue to be
maintained and I have used both.  Besides which, we don't really want a
mono-culture situation.  As good as DBIx::Class or Rose::DB or etc are, there is
always room for a new entry to come out that is better than either.

-- Darren Duncan