[Dbix-class] updated release has broken my code

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Thu Jan 21 17:07:03 GMT 2016

On 01/20/2016 04:32 PM, Dave Howorth wrote:
> I have various applications that use DBIx::Class. I just moved one of
> them, which has been running OK for quite a while, to a new machine and
> that meant it got a new environment, including an updated DBIx::Class.
> It no longer runs, and it would help me to try to understand what is
> broken in my own code if I could understand how the DBIC code works and
> why it was changed. If anybody could give me any pointers, I'd be grateful.

This is related to RT#107462. I am still deep into the txn rework so I
have not yet looked into this properly. I apologize for the great delay,
there have been too many distractions lately :(

Please add a note to the RT in question, linking to this exchange, so I
do not end up dropping it on the floor in the coming week.

In the meantime the best I can recommend is freeze the version for a bit
longer.

Thank you, and sorry for the fuckup :(