[Dbix-class] Traffic pattern changes ahead

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Fri Jul 1 14:59:13 GMT 2016

On 06/17/2016 03:24 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:

> And we are entering the final lap \o/

Wow... July is here now. A quick update on where things stand:

There has been a lot of slacking off last couple weeks: with me being
distracted by binge-watching 3 conferences: TPC::NA[1], FPW[2] and
YAPC::RU[3], and then getting utterly mesmerized by YAPC::UK[4].
Nevertheless work has been marching on:

> Wide scale testing of the resultsource revamp and its related work is
> finally 99% green (each and every instance of the 1% being legitimate
> problems). I am in the process of filling in documentation gaps and
> final polish: the 0.082899_xx devrel cycle will officially start
> sometime this weekend.

Sadly I spoke too soon - the introduction of a forgotten last-minute
extra check blew up a number of downstream test suites, so the coveted
0.0829xx devrel cycle is still several days off.

> This flurry of releases is a backup-plan of sorts in case a
> time-shortage or other unexpected developments prevent me from wrapping
> up 0.082900 properly, forcing me to instead back out/throw-away the
> ~8kloc of changes. I honestly believe it will not come to that, but
> better be prepared to "do nothing in case of doubt".
>
> For those whose changes/fixes did not make the cut: DO NOT PANIC.
> Even in the unlikely event I end up throwing my work away - it will be
> done preserving everything else (I have done it before).

A semi-positive development is that due to oring bureaucratic setbacks I
still have a *little* more time to devote to OSS before signing off. So
despite the delays it seems I am still on track to ship something
non-embarrassing in the end ;)

More updates some time mid-next-week.

Cheers

[1] https://www.youtube.com/user/yapcna/videos
[2] http://journeesperl.fr/fpw2016/
[3] https://youtu.be/17Lo_QLcid4?t=2085
[4] The "Yet Another Political Clusterfuck" UK edition[5], also known as
brexit(3)[6]
[5] If you thought YAPC::UK is bad - just wait for YAPC::US in 4 months
[6] https://twitter.com/mbalmer/status/746441585248854016