[Dbix-class] Traffic pattern changes ahead

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Fri Jun 17 13:24:01 GMT 2016

On 05/25/2016 04:29 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> On 01/30/2016 06:50 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>>
>> Given January is almost over, another update is in order. Back in [1]
>> several pieces were identified as "walking away without these is
>> near-criminal". Below is their state of readiness after several weeks of
>> false starts:
>
> And another belated update 4(!) months later. There is a tunnel at the
> end of the light \o/ Unfortunately I am not yet ready to start my last
> dev-release cycle, but the wait is certainly going to be worth it.

> Another update in a week!
>
> [1] http://blogs.perl.org/users/peter_rabbitson/2015/12/riba2016-ends.html

And we are entering the final lap \o/

Wide scale testing of the resultsource revamp and its related work is
finally 99% green (each and every instance of the 1% being legitimate
problems). I am in the process of filling in documentation gaps and
final polish: the 0.082899_xx devrel cycle will officially start
sometime this weekend.

In the meantime 0.08271[2] shipped with 0 functional changes but
improved installation experience for those who are stuck there for one
reason or another.

Additionally I just uploaded 0.082829_01[3], which contains *some* of
the "no brainer" parts that are due to ship in 0.082900. This will be
uploaded as "next stable" 0.082830 in several hours baring any issues.

This flurry of releases is a backup-plan of sorts in case a
time-shortage or other unexpected developments prevent me from wrapping
up 0.082900 properly, forcing me to instead back out/throw-away the
~8kloc of changes. I honestly believe it will not come to that, but
better be prepared to "do nothing in case of doubt".

For those whose changes/fixes did not make the cut in [3]: DO NOT PANIC.
Even in the unlikely event I end up throwing my work away - it will be
done preserving everything else (I have done it before[4]).

More updates on the interesting/meaty work some time Sunday \o/

[2] https://metacpan.org/source/RIBASUSHI/DBIx-Class-0.08271/Changes#L3-21
[3] https://metacpan.org/release/RIBASUSHI/DBIx-Class-0.082829_01
[4] https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/commit/c97338007