[Dbix-class] GOVERNANCE: Aggregation and conclusion

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Wed Nov 2 21:26:18 GMT 2016

On 2016-11-02 3:53 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> On 10/31/2016 02:40 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>> Same here (wrt not wanting to re-live this situation again). I will
>> respond to the above points around midnight UTC ( ~11h from now ).
>
> Apologies for my silence. The combination of a time-zone shift with an unusually
> early day-start leaves me way less "productive time" than I anticipated. I will
> publish a to-the-point workable proposal by the end of this week.
>
> Stay tuned.

Peter, I don't know your plan, but I think it would be very important if your
own proposal included authorizing a team itself, where you name several
individuals that you trust, and they have PAUSE/etc rights from the start.

The idea here is that even for people who trust you as a benevolent dictator
with control of PAUSE/etc rights, there is still the problem of bus number
equals 1 if your proposal had you being the only one with those rights.
Supporters of your proposal would still want to know that if something happens
to you, others are in the position to govern.

You had already named some people you were more likely to trust would share your
values, and the mysterious successor, so surely there are names for this.

Thank you.

-- Darren Duncan