[Dbix-class] GOVERNANCE: Aggregation and conclusion

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcat.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 00:36:26 GMT 2016

On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 06:08:39PM -0600, Darin McBride wrote:
> Yes, we see JSON, JSON::XS, JSON::PP all with a single JSON interface, and
> magic happening under the covers. However, because, in theory, all of these
> will provide *exactly the same functionality* and interfaces, only a
> performance difference, that's fine.  Since the goal of DBIC / DBIC2 is to
> diverge,

Or the goal could be to have a compatible superset of DBIC's APIs, or it
could be to do something CDICompat style, or ...

If you want to know what the goals would be, first you need to find somebody
who's planning such a fork and ask them, surely.

Otherwise, this conversation seems to basically just be a cheese shop sketch.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/