[Dbix-class] IMPORTANT: A discussion of DBIC governance and future development

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcat.co.uk
Thu Oct 6 17:50:43 GMT 2016

On Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 12:24:59PM +0200, Hartmaier Alexander wrote:
> A big part was also his and mst's plan to use Data::Query in DBIx::Class
> which they seen to have abandoned without communicating it.

Not so much abandoned as I basically got locked out as well and entirely
lost motivation to keep working on it until that changed, but didn't want
to say so explicitly because I figured getting into a fight with riba over
it wasn't going to achieve anything useful.

On the upside, in the mean time I think I may have come up with a more
incremental approach that'll let us get the advantages piecemeal and with
much lower risk; but this is not the thread for me to explain that proposal
so I'll circle back around to it later when I've finished thinking it
through.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/