[Dbix-class] 4/5 Why Matt's proposal is a farce

Christian Walde walde.christian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 17:09:56 GMT 2016

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 18:59:24 +0200, Peter Rabbitson
<rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us> wrote:

> On 10/12/2016 06:43 PM, Christian Walde wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 19:27:03 +0200, Peter Rabbitson
>> <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us> wrote:
>>
>>> For crying out loud: we are talking about the person who considers
>>> this Rube Goldberg machine[11] fit for every day use!!!
>>>
>>> [11] https://youtu.be/j3r-lKlrrRg?t=1035
>>
>> I'm a little confused here. I saw a talk that: Starts with a sentence
>> stating "this is crazy stuff", contains the phrase "hackometer status:
>> melted" and ends on the note of "play with this".
>>
>> How did you get "considered fit for every day use" out of this?
>
> https://youtu.be/j3r-lKlrrRg?t=1026
>
> "... And I wanted to use this for IRC scripting, and I am not
> recompiling my entire frigging IRC rig against a different perl in order
> to do that..."
>
> Seems like a case of everyday use to me.

Thanks for clarifying. It seems like a reasonable interpretation to make,
though i find the exact intent behind that a little ambiguous. Getting it
usable in irc could be anything from driving a business on it to making a
new cowsay in it.

--
With regards,
Christian Walde