[Dbix-class] GOVERNANCE: An actually concrete proposal w/bootstrap governance system

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Tue Oct 18 19:35:23 GMT 2016

On 2016-10-18 9:51 AM, Matt S Trout wrote:
> What say ye?

I don't have much to add that hasn't been said by others.

Assuming that "modifying the rules" includes "modifying the list of voting
members" ...

+1

I agree that it would be good to get this document into the repository and use
it as a starting point for a more official governance.

That should help prevent or unstick some analysis paralysis, as it would give a
reasonably safe starting place, where uncontroversial things have been
formalized, and anything needing changing about governance can be changed
without holding up the other stuff.

As an initial followup, I propose talking with the remainder of Peter's EXAMPLE
preferred core team, those not also in Matt's list, namely HAARG and SYSPETE in
that order, and see if they would be interested in being Voting Members.

-- Darren Duncan