[Dbix-class] Clarification on the split-namespace proposal

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Mon Oct 24 11:20:27 GMT 2016

On 10/23/2016 10:55 PM, Christian Walde wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 22:19:42 +0200, Andrew Beverley <andy at andybev.com>
> wrote:
>
>> - Riba was prepared to keep maintaining (and "tightening" in slower
>> time) "DBIC"
>
> As far as i understood there was no circumstance under which he'd have
> been involved further, at all.

The situation has changed. Notably I have taken up employment where (all
current plans considered) I will have to maintain at minimum a private
fork of DBIx::Class for my own use.

In light of several proposals on the list, the gist of my *revised*
position is:

- If there is sufficient interest in myself continuing to be the sole
gatekeeper/point of responsibility for the DBIx::Class distribution

   and

- Folks are not concerned with neither my tangibly limited availability
going forward (I started a 40h/week job), nor with the potential
conflict of interest (i.e. that I might slip up and put $work concerns
ahead of the userbase)

   and

- All current comaints are content with relinquishing their claims to
the namespace and continuing building up on my work outside of the
DBIx::Class distribution

Then, yes: I suppose you can consider this a proposal to avail myself to
keeping the preexisting actual setup unchanged for the foreseeable future.

RIBASUSHI