[Dbix-class] Clarification on the split-namespace proposal

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Mon Oct 24 13:03:57 GMT 2016

On Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:40:15 +0100 Leo Lapworth <leo at cuckoo.org> wrote:
> This sounds like the worst of all options.

I disagree. Given the last 3 weeks of discussions, it sounds like the
only option, and the one that offers a solution for everyone.

> I'd rather such a key project as DBIx::Class was managed by a team of
> people, dedicated to stability and clarity of process, not a single
> point of failure or opinion.

In which case you opt for DBIx::Class2.

Personally, I'd probably use DBIC for some projects and DBIC2 for
others. Choice (and to some degree competition) is rarely a bad thing
in open source.

Andy