[Dbix-class] GOVERNANCE: Aggregation and conclusion

David Golden xdg at xdg.me
Mon Oct 31 12:39:29 GMT 2016

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 7:22 AM, Andrew Beverley <andy at andybev.com> wrote:

> - RIBASUSHI retains the current namespace

Peter previously said that he would only continue if all other maintainers
relinquished their claims to the DBIC namespace [1].  Could you please
clarify your proposal with details on that front and what is to happen
should Peter be unable or unwilling to continue working on DBIC?

If Peter agrees and your proposal carries, I don't want to be in a
situation where we have to have this debate again if he decides to take his
"well deserved retirement" after all (regardless of whether immediately
after the permissions change or some unknown time in the future).

Speaking personally, what I like about Matt's governance proposal is that
it explicitly establishes a continuity plan.  I think any alternative
proposal ought to be equally clear about continuity and succession.

Regards,
David

[1]
http://dbix-class.35028.n2.nabble.com/IMPORTANT-A-discussion-of-DBIC-governance-and-future-development-td7578987i100.html#a7579158