[Dbix-class] GOVERNANCE: Aggregation and conclusion

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Mon Oct 31 14:18:59 GMT 2016

On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 10:12:27 -0400 David Golden <xdg at xdg.me> wrote:
> So to be absolutely clear, it sounds like proposal "B" is to grant
> Peter the unilateral power initially in dispute.
>
> I.e. he could – on arbitrary day N after your proposal is adopted –
> merge his remaining work, transfer permissions to an unknown person
> with an unknown mandate, and retire (aka. the original "project
> freeze" plan).

Yes, correct, just like lots of other "upstream" module maintainers
could do the same.

Like I say, I personally trust him not to cause such a train-smash, but
if others don't and would rather see him leave the project altogether,
then the vote is their opportunity to say so (or under my proposal they
could use DBIx::Class2 of course).

Andy