[Dbix-class] (Unofficial) Status of DBIx::Class

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Mon Jul 17 10:27:11 GMT 2017

Adding my personal 2c for the sake of concerned end-users. Please note
that I do not have knowledge of what the current management is doing or
planning to do.

On 07/15/2017 06:03 PM, Andrew Gregory wrote:
> What is the current status of DBIx::Class?  It looks like development
> has all but stopped since last October.[1]  Is somebody actively
> maintaining DBIx::Class somewhere else?  I sent an email to this list
> two months ago regarding a bug that causes incorrect data to be
> inserted with no response from this list.[2]  Is there a better way
> for me to work toward getting the bug fixed?
>
> [1]: https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/graphs/commit-activity
> [2]: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2017-May/012630.html

First of all - there is at least one person ( myself ) doing basic
maintenance, albeit without yet publishing the changes in a
widely-consumable form. As indicated back in [3] my plan was to resume
public work once notable development takes place within the "official
fork". Due to this not happening in a timely manner, I minimized my work
to small bugfixes and clarifications to problems raised on this list
and/or the #dbix-class channel. All interactions ( including the one
with the OP back in May ) were done in private, as to give an
opportunity to the newly formed team to forge their own path forward.

To this date there haven't been any show-stopper issues that were
brought to my attention, so the wider userbase is not missing much more
than what is already currently mothballed in the official repository.

Nevertheless, recently I raised a set of questions to the PAUSE
administrators [4], which are instrumental for me to continue work under
the preexisting model. The policy addressing these is afaik in the final
stages of approval. From my side the plan is to have some sort of
DBIx::Class::Boring distribution appear on CPAN by the end of Q3 2017,
pending resolution of the policy issues.

Apologies for not having more information to share at present.

Cheers

[3] http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2016-December/012479.html
[4] https://twitter.com/ribasushi/status/884019305876262912