[Dbix-class] Static / reference data

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Wed Aug 29 12:16:38 GMT 2018

On 23 Aug 2018, at 07:19, Darren Duncan <darren at darrenduncan.net> wrote:

> On 2018-08-22 11:14 AM, Andy Armstrong wrote:
>> I've got a database of TV and Radio programmes [1] which currently uses DBI and ad-hoc queries. I'm considering migrating it to use DBIC.
>
> What is your reason for considering the migration?  Are you finding the DBI+SQL version hard to maintain?  Leaving it as is might be the best solution.

Yup! That's why I'm only considering it :)

I'm about to make some fairly significant unrelated changes to the code and I'm taking the opportunity to clean up the DB schema (that was itself inherited from an earlier PHP prototype). As part of that activity I'm looking at whether a move to DBIC might make sense.

Cheers.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten