[Dbix-class] PROPOSAL: merging Haarg's patch and making it easier to do simple merges / emergency fixes

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Fri Jan 12 21:01:22 GMT 2018

I don't have a problem with John's proposals at first glance.

However, if we're still planning to follow the
https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/blob/devrel/GOVERNANCE process that Matt
set up to the letter, we're going to have to address this sentence in that file:

"This document is currently in bootstrap phase, and as such no merges will be
made to master or blead until this sentence is removed."

By the letter of the rule of law under which Matt took over the official
DBIx::Class namespace, we can't implement John's first proposal without at
minimum first removing that sentence.

So my zeroth proposal to the governing committee is that, now that there's been
over a year to think about it and/or see how things shook out with PAUSE perms,
update the GOVERNANCE doc to reflect what you actually intend to happen, this
change presumably also carrying a vote of the list members.

Otherwise we'll have a failure of the constitution right out of the gate.

-- Darren Duncan