[Dbix-class] What's the situation with SQL::Abstract?

Robert Rothenberg robrwo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 15:11:26 GMT 2020

My motivation for asking is that I have a couple of plugins for DBIC that
provide support for non-universal SQL features like window functions or
table sampling. (I've also thought about a Postgres-specific plugin that
allowed one to use the WITH syntax for faster updates on multiple tables,
but gave up, perhaps for the wiser.)

It would make sense if these were instead plugins for SQL::Abstract, and
there was a reasonable way to configure DBIC to load SQL abstract with
plugins.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Catalyst's traits-for-requests,
which is cleaner than subclassing the request class with roles using the
subclass instead.