[Dbix-class] Mysql / mariadb and subqueries

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Wed Feb 24 12:52:28 GMT 2021

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 14:02:26 +0000 Andrew Beverley wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> In my application, DBIx::Class is generating WHERE clauses using
> subqueries. With a lot of rows in the database this performs really
> badly in MariaDB [1], so I'm wondering whether there is a way to
> get DBIx::Class to produce the equivalent queries by joins or whether
> there are any other solutions.

Just to close the loop on this one, it appears to still be an issue
with MariaDB (for delete only, select seems to have improved). I ended
up doing a query to first get the IDs of the records that need
deleting, and then running a delete query to delete them by ID.

The best references I found related to this were:

https://dba.stackexchange.com/a/104441/141122
https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-21012

Andy